Corpus Christi, TX, USA Req #20234
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Mailroom Inserter Part Time
The Caller Times
Corpus Christi, Texas
Shifts may include nights and weekends; hours will be between 20-29 hours a week.
The Caller Times is looking for motivated individual who will perform as a team member in the Packaging Department.
- Stacking bundles of product, loading hoppers on a newspaper inserting machine in a production environment
- Performing a variety of other packaging duties as assigned
- Individual must be able interact effectively in a diverse work force and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to pick up and lift bundles in weights of up to 25 pounds and be able to stand for prolonged period and bend.
- Perform general material handling duties including working on post-press equipment.
- Perform general housekeeping and safety maintenance including positioning pallets, carts and other equipment as needed.
- Good verbal communication skills required
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and proven ability to be a self-starter a plus
- Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 1000 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
GED/High School Diploma preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.