Knoxville, TN, USA Req #8585
Thursday, June 27, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Inserter I (part-time)
Gannett Publishing Services
Knoxville News Sentinel
$8.00 per hour
The Knoxville News Sentinel has immediate openings for part-time inserters. This is a great position to earn additional funds on the weekend including college students looking for extra income! Many shifts available throughout the week.
- Perform various functions necessary to package, insert and distribute supplements for daily and Sunday newspapers.
- Ensure each bundle through stacker lines is properly wrapped and tied for delivery to Transportation.
- Properly label, wrap and package all mail, files and V.I.P. papers.
- Account for all papers in Mailroom by recording all waste, salvage and figures from stacker counters on proper reports.
- Check bundles for accurate counts.
- Maintain all equipment and general cleaning daily.
GED/High School diploma. Good verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of OSHA regulations and proven ability to be a self-starter a plus. Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 500 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 35 pounds.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top