- Corpus Christi, TX
Corpus Christi, TX, USA Req #13733
Wednesday, February 3, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team.
At Gannett, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity are core pillars of our organization and influence all that we do. We foster an environment that lifts all voices and welcomes everyone to take part in our journey into the future where every employee is heard, respected, and given an equal opportunity to thrive.
Corpus Christi Caller Times
Gannett Publishing Company located in Corpus Christi, TX at The Corpus Christi Caller Times, has an immediate opening for part-time Inserters. Operating on a seven-day workweek, we are seeking dependable candidates to work 20-29 hours per week. Starting times vary depending on the workday. Flexible schedule from week to week.
- Feed preprints into insert machine hopper neatly and accurately.
- Monitor insert machine to reduce double inserts and/or skips so that all jackets have correct inserts.
- Remove completed bundles, weighing 10 to 50 pounds and stack neatly for the next step in packaging delivery.
- Perform general clean-up of papers, skids, and debris that accumulate during the workday.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Employees must have a high degree of safety awareness.
- Above average problem-solving skills necessary to monitor and repair automatic inserting and collating equipment.
- Requires physical dexterity to lift and move material. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to lift or pile newspaper products that vary in weight from 10 to 50 pounds or more at one time.
- Must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be flexible in scheduling.
- Position requires working in production areas while forklifts, pallet jacks, inserting and related equipment are in use.
In response to Covid: We are following all CDC guidelines in order to keep our guests and employees safe by requiring and providing face masks on a limited basis, daily temperature checks, enforcing frequent usage of hand sanitizer and social distancing. You must wear a face mask and have a temperature check conducted on you as a mandated requirement in order to be permitted to enter the facility.
Back to top