Local/Retail Advertising - Director, Advertising
The USA TODAY Network – Pennsylvania is searching for an energetic, results-oriented, digitally savvy sales leader to be the Multimedia Advertising Director in York, PA. This position reports directly to the President and is responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to small, medium and large advertisers.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
We are committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a sales team devoted to being a World Class Sales Organization. If you're looking for a rewarding challenge, USA Today Network is the place to be!
We are a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way with a full suite of industry leading, award winning solutions, powered by ReachLocal including: SEO/SEM, social media marketing, targeted display, website design, email marketing, geo-fencing, and deep audience targeting capabilities.
- Must lead with a digital first strategy and optimal local execution
- Collaborate with the staff on strategy and innovation to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients, including coaching in the field and enhancing account relationships.
- Adept and agile at coaching reps and managers in digital selling that transitions customer's ROI to digital platforms that drive results for the customers and drive achievement of revenue goals for the company.
- Maintain a strong understanding of market competitors and develops sound strategies with the sales team for selling effectively against them
- Communicate and actively encourage a shared commitment to values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Key reports include a team of Keys and Automotive Account Executives based in York that cover our four MediaOnePA markets in York, Hanover, Lebanon and Chambersburg. The Ad Director will also supervise a Territory Sales Manager and Client Services Manager and teams, and will have strategic involvement in all regional advertising and digital initiatives.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We'll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We'll equip you with the region's best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay with unlimited earning potential. We want the best.
- Lead a top notch sales team, which is supported by account managers, digital campaign managers, client strategy and more.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or equivalent combination of education/experience and/or training
- 5-8 years advertising, online, and/or media management sales or similar type of experience
- Strong skills in strategic category planning, financial forecasting, sales management, and communication
- Solid understanding of audience based selling is critical
- Experience in developing and executing strategies across multiple platforms including the core newspaper, digital web sites and mobile websites is vital
- Should be able to quickly assess situations, create innovative strategic plans, establish superior partnerships and relationships with peers and advertisers
- Ability to meet/exceed sales/revenue goals and to identify new opportunities and create solutions to increase sales
- Experience creating, managing and operating within a budget
- Excellent leadership, motivational, sales, negotiation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, planning, prioritization, problem solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- You must be able to effectively manage others, direct, train, recruit and develop a world class sales team
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tool preferred
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
USA TODAY Network, owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top