Local/Retail Advertising - Account Manager III
Job Title: Account Manager
The Key Account Manager partners with assigned Account Executives and Digital Specialists and serves as the primary customer focused liaison between Advertising Client Services teams. The Account Manager is responsible for building revenue through superior customer relationship management, identifying and communicating potential upsell opportunities, serving as the client champion and proactively initiating projects as needed to support the sales team, and managing project deliverables/solutions for clients, including regional and national accounts.
- Identify and communicate potential upsell opportunities. Identify opportunities for incremental revenue generation and communicate to Key Account Executives and Digital Specialists to meet team revenue objectives.
- Partner and coordinate with internal and external vendors to successfully build and fulfill sold solutions. Partner with Key Account Executives and Digital Specialists for pre-campaign and pre-proposal support, and post-sale analysis to ensure all customer needs are met.
- Proactively manage relationships with key internal and external vendors to ensure deliverables meet agreed upon specifications, deadlines and standards.
- Serve as primary contact with customers for tasks including ad copy and proofs, as well as any other function related to customer service or execution of a sold advertising plan
- Work in conjunction with Account Executive and Digital Specialist to build unique and innovative solutions for customers. Identify opportunities to enhance or streamline internal processes.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years Account Management, Customer Service or Sales experience
- Proven record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment
- Demonstrated success in delivering customer solutions and/or building revenue
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital media platforms
- Exceptional customer service and relationship management abilities
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills, including solid proofing skills
- Proven ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Effective and creative problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; SalesForce.com or other CRM tool preferred.
Star Media is building a team of highly engaged, talented employees who understand what it takes to win, and who want to build strong partnerships with the businesses in the communities we serve. We look for people who want to do more than just come to work every day, but who thrive in an environment of transformation. We expect initiative and reward innovation. We encourage continuous learning and offer opportunities for career advancement both locally and nationally.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top