Local Sales Manager
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
The role of Marketing Manager/Local Sales Manager will effectively develop and execute sales and retention plans to grow subscription-based revenue. The position requires strong project management skills with an equally strong background in marketing and B2C sales. Positioned within the Consumer Sales division of Gannett, the Local Sales Manager will focus on the IndyStar (Indianapolis,IN) Journal & Courier (Lafayette, IN), The Star Press (Muncie, IN) and Palladium-Item (Richmond, IN).
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute sales and retention plans to grow subscription-based revenue
- Increase engagement with subscriber offerings to increase loyalty and market penetration
- Collaborate on and monitor integrated direct response campaigns using a variety of digital resources and tools, print ads, direct mail, email, inserts, as well as other internal and external available resources
- Collaborate with local marketing, news and advertising teams on sales, retention and engagement efforts
- Communicate programs, results and accomplishments to managers.
- Communication of all promotions to local sites and to the Customer Service Centers
- Handle special projects as assigned by the Group Sales Manager
Having experience with numbers is key! You should have:
- The ability to effectively work within Excel Workbooks and spreadsheets
- The ability to forecast, budget and monitor sales projections and expenses
- The ability to adjust forecasts and sales programs quickly to meet budgeted sales volumes and expenses
Here's what you need:
- To be successful, individual must possess strong project management and problem solving skills
- Must be able to develop and execute successful sales campaigns across multiple platforms to ensure budgeted sales and engagement goals are met
- Individual must also be able to develop and expand relationships with vendors, internal customers, external customers and area businesses
- Individual must be able to work independently and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- College degree with specialization in marketing and/or communications preferred
- Five years of sales and marketing communications, or relevant business experience
- Must be digitally literate as it pertains to sales opportunities
- Must have high level use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Well-versed in knowledge of sales, methods, channels and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance and a good driving record
What would be a plus?
- Knowledge of presentation software is a plus
Here's what we have to offer:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top