The News Journal, a statewide news organization covering Delaware, has an immediate opening for a watchdog reporter to cover the state Legislature.
This journalist will carry out one of our core public service missions: To protect reader interests, uncover wrongdoing and provide compelling context and analysis to our audience on various platforms.
We're looking for a competitive, passionate and versatile reporter who routinely breaks hard-hitting news, has a wealth of enterprise ideas and can coordinate complex short- and long-term in-depth projects.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism
- 3+ years of experience working for a newspaper
- 2+ years' experience with databases, multimedia tools and public document requests
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to write accurately and detailed copy in AP style
- Must be able to work well on deadline
- Strong organizational skills
- A competitive and collaborative spirit
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top