Investor Relations Analyst
McLean, VA, USA • New York, NY, USA Req #16178
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Investor Relations Analyst will support all aspects of Gannett's Investor relations program, with a goal to ensure that the market and the investor community understands and fairly values Gannett.
This newly created position will report to the SVP, Finance and with the help of the leadership team will craft the Gannett story and develop a best in class investor relations program. With excellent financial and analytical skills, you will partner closely with leaders across our organization. Position can be located in either McLean, Virginia or New York, New York.
What You'll Do
• Maintain and cultivate relationships with analysts and other investment professionals
• Respond to investor inquiries, collect investor feedback, gather insight on shareholder and analyst reports, and perception of company strategy
• Research competitors, investor landscape, and keep abreast of market trends
• Coordinate and/or create materials for investment community including quarterly releases, investor packages, presentations, press releases, Q&A prep as well as internal materials for executive management team
• Work closely with financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and accounting teams on preparation of quarterly earnings releases and SEC filings. Support quarterly earnings process including timeline and logistics.
• Works closely with Corporate Communications team on full range of external and internal communications related to investor relations
• Develop and execute campaigns to target appropriate institutional investors
• Assist in formalizing company's approach to ESG/sustainability reporting
• Manage and create content for investor relations website
• Coordinate investor relations calendar, including conferences, NDRs, and one on one meetings
Skills And Knowledge, You Should Possess
• An experienced Investor Relations Professional with 3+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, corporate development, or investor relations.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking skills, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated experience in financial modeling
• Experience in development and execution of communication strategies; excellent writing ability.
• Awareness of selective disclosure and materiality issues as they relate to financial reporting.
• Knowledge of SEC disclosure requirements and filings, accounting concepts and financial analysis.
• Broad knowledge of stock exchange rules and regulations and proven experience in working with Wall Street.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and work proactively with other functions to understand the company's story and vision.
• A bachelor's degree is required
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top