Internal Audit Manager
- Rochester, NY
Pittsford, NY 14534, USA ● Virtual Req #11035
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for leading, supervising, and executing audits. This position oversees and participates in the evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of controls and identifies weaknesses, along with providing recommendations to mitigate those weaknesses. This position proactively works with management to ensure compliance with policies, laws, and regulations. The Internal Audit Manager will report to the Director, Internal Audit. This position requires the Manager to be able to work under minimal supervision.
List of Essential Duties
- Perform risk evaluation of audit areas to identify key controls for review
- Draft the audit program and execute the audit steps
- Lead coordination of company's SOC 1 program, deficiency monitoring and remediation testing, assist with review of quarterly SOX Controls Self-Assessments
- Prepare SOX risk assessment memoranda and supporting documentation
- Draft questionnaires, spreadsheets, etc. to assist in analyzing business processes
- Draft audit reports to summarize audit findings
- Prepare work papers, schedules, and summaries documenting audit evidence, conclusions, and findings reached
- Assist Internal Audit Director with preparation of audit reports
- Provide audit project supervision for co-source provider
- Escalate risk issues and follow-up on solutions
- Identify potential department improvement projects
- Identify and share relevant business and audit topics with the audit group
- Partner with audit clients to identify constructive and value-added solutions to address risks identified
- Partner with audit clients to assist in research and other information dissemination processes
- Identify opportunities for and participate in approved special projects, investigations, or other significant business issues
- This role will be based in Pittsford, NY and may require up to 30% travel, including international travel
- Bachelor or Advanced degree, preferably in accounting, finance or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with internal controls/SOX, finance, accounting and/or process improvement, with a minimum of 3 years of audit experience
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.).
- Ability to prepare and perform comprehensive self-review of audit documentation and memoranda, with close attention to detail.
- Documentation prepared by the Manager should be of the highest quality and warrant few comments from the IA Director and/or VP Internal Audit.
- Ability to meet pre-determined deadlines and manage personal schedule, as well as that of the IA Senior and IA Staff
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment and comfortable driving and facilitating change
- Ability to quickly synthesize relevant information in unfamiliar situations
- Comprehensive understanding of audit practices, accounting policies, including COSO, Sarbanes-Oxley and Enterprise Risk Management frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company, including senior level management
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent customer service focus, including the ability to manage potentially contentious interactions and the ability to strike a balance between oversight and getting buy-in from process owners
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices through continuing professional education
- Ability to design and implement new processes
- Deliver work assignments on a timely basis
- Comfortable working and managing in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top