Indianapolis, IN, USA Req #18562
Monday, September 20, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Inside Sales Manager (Recruitment Advertising)
Position Summary: We are seeking an experienced and motivated Sales Manager to oversee a sales team of Recruitment Advertising Specialists. You will be responsible for the strategic leadership, including crafting sales plans, product reviews and call strategies to ensure programs are being executed correctly. We want someone with the leadership skills and drive to make a positive impact on the growth of our team members, the success of our clients and our bottom line.
- Performance Management / Sales Strategies
- Supervise, direct and coach a team of sales reps including establishing performance goals (operational metrics and sales expectations via Sales Plans), completing performance reviews, implementing improvement plans, and supporting team and individual employee development.
- Develop and coach sales reps on core competencies, including but not limited to, sales process, earn the right, pitching, overcoming objections, communication, time management and multi-tasking.
- Track and analyze team performance trends and gaps to implement strategies for improvement.
- Contribute to the development, training, and implementation of call strategies and product training.
- Conduct market training for newly assigned team members focused on market and industry specifics.
- Facilitate team training and workshops on a consistent basis, keeping current on the industry.
- Facilitate positive employee relations by fostering an environment of open communication, approachability, and fair and consistent treatment of employees
- Develop strategies for product performance improvement, taking into consideration competition, media conversion, win/back and other targeted campaigns to increase results.
- Develop and implement customer engagement strategies (i.e. direct customer contact) based on sales trends and customer feedback.
- Resolve and deescalate customer issues and complaints.
- Responsible for managing lead generation for the team, utilizing Wanted Analytics and other lead generation sources.
- Leverage employment packages and rate structure to drive increased sales revenue, driving better customer results.
- Align account assignment for sales team based upon market and account analysis.
- Communicate and manage expectations by fully utilizing available reports, CRM technologies and other available resources.
- Analyze team performance to provide accurate sales team projections, weekly.
- Analyze product performance and up/down accounts to implement strategies for continued success or improvement.
- Results Driven, consistently exceeds performance standards
- Proven success in selling advertising solutions, including print and other digital solutions.
- Previous sales leadership experience in a dynamic sales environment a plus.
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership and sales skills, team player and team builder.
- Project enthusiasm and displays the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines while maintaining composure.
- Strong face to face and oral presentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to an environment that is fast paced while promoting a "work hard and have fun" work ethic.
- PC and Internet proficiency including MS Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- CRM knowledge - salesforce.com
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed.