Inside Sales Manager
LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end to end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. LOCALiQ simplifies local marketing and provides our clients the confidence of growing.
Our core values: Community, Progress through Passion, Action with Purpose and Belief in People. If you share these values, come join our family!
We are seeking a strategic and tactically driven Inside Sales Team Leader to build and lead a high-performance, local Inside sales team. The Sales Leader will direct activity to meet and exceed revenue goals and objectives and manage a team of Inside sales reps.
As a Marketing Solutions, Inside Sales Manager:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance for the sales effort including day-to-day management of the team.
- Responsible for the implementation of sales strategies and department procedures.
- Prepare and manage revenue and expense budgets to achieve targets.
- Improve quality and reduce defects with a plan of continuous quality improvement.
- Responsible for the ongoing improvement of products, services, ad content and layout.
- Establish promotional and sales efforts for growing advertising revenues and increasing market share.
- Identify regional competitive threats and create promotional packages to overcome competition.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships with advertisers.
- Provide coaching and feedback for sales staff to support talent development and ensure they meet sales goals, control expenses and achieve departmental budget.
- Participate in sales calls with sales staff to ensure that sales reps are properly executing training knowledge and meeting the customer's needs.
- Review and refines with his team on a quarterly basis in order to make adjustements and assess progress of the team.
- Has a deep understanding of the market, customers, prospects, market share, spending shifts and key trends.
What you need to do to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Business, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Sales Leadership experience. Digital advertising sales preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ever-evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- A track-record of innovation and initiative
- Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable Sales team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build and manage a B2B sales organization.
We offeran energized, passionate team within a fun & flexible workplace.
We offer competitive compensation with uncapped incentives and world class benefits, including comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage, matching 401(K), Paid Time Off and more. This is an opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top