Inside Sales Account Executive
If you can answer YES to the following questions, you may be the candidate we are looking for:
Are you a hunter, always searching for new prospects?
Do you enjoy making high volume outbound calling to find new clients?
Are you a world class presenter who is engaging, poised and professional?
Do you have a proven history of achieving or exceeding your sales goals?
Do you have high energy and are able to juggle an amazing number of projects?
Are you a persistent seller who doesn't take no for an answer?
Are you a quick learner who is keen in understanding the customer's business?
We are searching for World Class Sales Professionals to join our innovative and multi-platform team. Our culture thrives on creating and executing big ideas that provide solutions for our clients.
The Daily-Times, a Gannett Company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for an innovative, motivated, creative and experienced Inside Sales Account Executive to join our team. You will be doing heavy outbound calling, selling, via telephone, multi-media advertising solutions to the medium account sector. The primary responsibility of our sales professionals is to grow market share within a designated territory or account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing share within the existing client base.
We have found our successful sales professionals possess a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, the competition, and the client to develop and execute value added strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace.
We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and winning.
We are a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From digital, print and social media, we have an array of products including caller.com and The Corpus Christie Caller-Times.
- Develop a high level of competency of the company's competitive advertising environment
- Meets or exceeds revenue expectations. Enters, processes, and verifies customer ad orders into the system
- Strategizes with team members to plan and execute multimedia marketing plans
- Increases market share by gaining new business and growing existing client base through occasional outbound sales calls, up-sells, and cold calls with customers and/or potential customers. Executes the 5-Step Sales process which includes: 1. Plan & Prepare, 2. Evaluate Needs, 3. Build the Solution, 4. Present and Close, and 5. Follow Through
- Advises and assists advertisers in the composition of the ad, wording, formatting, etc. and assists the customer as necessary. Suggests and sells products, larger type, and ad enhancement features. Makes customer callbacks to determine ad success
- Drives initiatives for constructive change and looks for opportunities to encourage others to become agents for change.
- Take a strategic view of the client's business and what solutions we can offer
- Recommend creative ideas that improve the company's competitive position and the bottom line
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- 1 year of call center, telephone sales, or other related heavy outbound calling experience is a must!
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must
- Outstanding relationship-building skills; with the ability to build rapport and trust with clients
- Creative, flexible and able to adapt to industry change
- Should be able to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines
- Time-management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top