Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Gannett Publishing Services
Gannett Publishing Service at The Courier-Post Newspaper, is seeking a PT Mailroom Inserter to work with the packaging department for production of daily newspaper packages and other products.
In this role, you will:
- Set-up and load the inserting, sticky note, and stitch and trim machine to allow for maximum efficiencies
- Set-up and run commercial and newsprint stackers, utilizing different bucket sizes.
- Jog and stack publications onto carts, pallets or conveyors.
- Count, strap, and palletize bundles of product for distribution according to manifest draws, bundle keys, or pallet tags.
Here's what you need:
- Excellent problem solving and basic math skills.
- Minimum of two years of experience in newspaper packaging department required
- Excellent people skills. Must be able to work well and constantly communicate (both written and verbally).
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet all deadlines.
- Must be able to operate and have solid understanding of all material handling equipment including forklifts, clamp trucks, walk behind lifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to repeatedly and for long periods of time lift and load stacks of insert products into packaging machinery.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK isthe largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/ Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top