- Knoxville, TN
Knoxville, TN, USA Req #10719
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Gannett Publishing Services
The Knoxville News Sentinel is hiring for a Journeyman Mailer (Trainee) that will provide high-level support and assistance to the Packaging Center in the production facility. The Journeyman Mailer should be experienced with performing repetitive tasks and meeting production deadlines.
If you are high-energy, dependable, flexible, a team player, and experienced working in a production or manufacturing environment, we encourage you to join our team. A 4-year Journeyman Trainee program is available for inexperienced but motivated individuals.This is a full-time position with excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
- Operating and Maintaining Mailroom Packaging Equipment
- Transporting product using pallet trucks or fork lifts
- Feeding inserter machines
- Hand insertion of papers
- Skid bundles and stacking of products
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- Must have good dexterity and be able to stand during entire shift
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. repeatedly
- Must be able to perform accurate and efficient tasks
- Must possess basic math skills
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pass a background test and drug screen
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed)
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top