Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Gannett Publishing Services
The Packaging Inserter II is responsible for loading product into the inserting machine; stacking down product from press or inserter to build skids that can be machine inserted or shipped out; mail labeling and sorting, skid/insert prep; and basic material handling functions. The job environment is deadline-oriented work in a manufacturing environment. Work schedule is determined by workflow.
▪ Operate up to two insert feeders simultaneously, handling pre-prints from basic to complex/challenging, and maintain net machine speed as dictated by the shift supervisor. The task includes properly jogging and loading product into the inserter quickly and accurately to minimize stops and maintain net machine speed. The task may include loading multiple hopper loaders or feeders. The Inserter 1 must be able to recognize machine stops, clear jams quickly, and restart the machine.
▪ Run insert stack down stacker with supervision, solo or with a partner (depending on product) to maintain net inserting machine speed as dictated by the shift supervisor. Able to build skids of tied or untied product that are neat, stable, and can be fed back through the inserter or shipped out.
▪ Maintain effective communication within the department with peers and managers.
▪ Follow safe work methods established by Nashville GPS. Report all accidents and unsafe work conditions. Understands safety responsibilities.
▪ Maintain a clean work environment which includes but is not limited to Packaging department area, maintenance area, and/or connected space.
▪ Ready and able to accept new work assignments/tasks, scheduling adjustments, and adjustment of hours.
▪ Accept direction, display a professional and respectful attitude and support a teamwork environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Problem Solving Analytical Ability Communication Skills
Bilingual Interpersonal Skills Dexterity
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top