Lakeland, FL, USA Req #20087
Monday, December 13, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Mailroom Inserter (Part-time)
$13.00 per hour
$2,250 Sign-On Bonus
Gannett Publishing Company located in Lakeland, FL at The Ledger has immediate openings for part-time Mailroom Inserters. Operating on a seven-day workweek, we are seeking dependable candidates to work 20-29 hours per week. Starting times vary depending on the workday. Flexible schedule from week to week.
- Feed preprints into insert machine hopper neatly and accurately.
- Monitor insert machine to reduce double inserts and/or skips so that all jackets have correct inserts.
- Remove completed bundles, weighing 10 to 50 pounds and stack neatly for the next step in packaging delivery.
- Perform general clean-up of papers, skids, and debris that accumulate during the workday.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Employees must have a high degree of safety awareness.
- Above average problem-solving skills necessary to monitor and repair automatic inserting and collating equipment.
- Requires physical dexterity to lift and move material. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to lift or pile newspaper products that vary in weight from 10 to 50 pounds or more at one time.
- Must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be flexible in scheduling.
- Position requires working in production areas while forklifts, pallet jacks, inserting and related equipment are in use.