Wilmington, DE, USA Req #20868
Friday, January 14, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Insert Machine Bindery Operator I
Gannett Publishing Services
We have an opening for a highly motivated individual in the Gannett corporation at one of our regional print facilities.
It is a fast-paced inserting operation which would require basic mechanical and\or manufacturing skill sets"
This position will offer $18.00 per hour based on work-related experience.
The Wilmington GPS group is looking for a full-time Warehouse Packaging Operator to assist with daily production on our Goss Magnapack Inserters. The work includes preparing the inserter for production, operating the inserter, cleaning the inserter and mailroom, maintaining the mechanical readiness of the inserter, and other duties as assigned.
Work as part of a packaging crew during a designated shift to achieve on-time production performance including product quality and accuracy standards and operational safety.
• Verification of workstation resources.
• Basic inserter control set-up and operation.
• Basic machine operation including but not limited to inserters, joggers, conveyors, stackers, strappers, bottom wrap machines, loaders, printers, address labelers, adhesive advertising applicators, scales, and pallet jacks and fork trucks.
• Assist with directing activities during production, training inserting employees.
• Assist with all equipment repairs, rebuilding & replacement (such as hopper replacement) and all standard preventive maintenance.
• Perform general packaging maintenance including equipment blowdown and packaging related materials disposal.
• Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
• Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
• Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to production management.
• Provide timely and accurate information to management.
• Immediately report equipment or product issues to production management.
• Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or production management.
• High school diploma, GED equivalent, vocational training or work-related experience required.
• Minimum one-year prior production, packaging, machine operation or similar related experience Preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
• English language fluency: Speaking, reading and writing.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
• Proven ability (by experience) to work independently under deadline with a sense of urgency.
• Good Mechanical aptitude.
• Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel, Word.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Wilmington, DE, USA Req #20868
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at USA TODAY NETWORK.