Insert Machine Bindery Operator I
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Insert Machine/Bindery Operator I
Gannett Publishing Services
The Insert Machine/Bindery Operator I - is a position that performs post press related packaging tasks to support efficient production operations as needed to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety including OSHA and EPA compliance.
Work as part of a packaging crew during a designated shift to achieve on-time production performance including product quality and accuracy standards and operational safety.
• Verification of workstation resources.
• Basic inserter control set-up and operation (Newscom).
• Basic machine operation including but not limited to inserters, joggers, conveyors, stackers, strappers, bottom wrap machines, loaders, printers, address labelers, adhesive advertising applicators, scales, and pallet jacks and fork trucks.
• Assist with directing activities during production, training inserting employees.
• Assist with all equipment repairs, rebuilding & replacement (such as hopper replacement) and all standard preventive maintenance.
• Perform general packaging maintenance including equipment blowdown and packaging related materials disposal.
• Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
• Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
• Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to production management.
• Provide timely and accurate information to management.
• Immediately report equipment or product issues to production management.
• Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or production management.
• High school diploma, GED equivalent, vocational training or work-related experience required.
• Minimum one-year prior production, packaging, machine operation or similar related experience Preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
• English language fluency: Speaking, reading and writing.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
• Proven ability (by experience) to work independently under deadline with a sense of urgency.
• Good Mechanical aptitude.
• Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel, Word.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top