Information Technology - IT Services Analyst II
- Tucson, AZ
Tucson, AZ, USA Req #10208
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
The Arizona Daily Star seeks an innovative, motivated, results-focused IT Associate Analyst to join our team. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills. This position provides basic customer service and technical problem resolution to the company's user community, while at the same time making internal customers comfortable and confident with their technology. The Associate Analyst provides Tier 1 technical support for the IT department. This position is also responsible for basic support of internal customers systems and technology at the site where assigned. The Associate Analyst will work independently or as part of a team to solve problems efficiently using standard tools and following established procedures and policies. That Associate Analyst is also responsible for escalating problems to other IT Analysts and management within the Help Desk and among other IT groups as necessary.
- Provides basic support for internal customers' systems and technology at the site where assigned. This includes maintaining, installing and troubleshooting of software, operating systems, and computer and associated hardware as well as first level support of phone, son-site servers and network infrastructure.
- Escalate support incidents to appropriate groups when necessary.
- Actively participates in on site projects that Involve IT resources such as: personnel and/or equipment moves, systems upgrades, and projects that require working with users on site.
- Detailed knowledge about equipment, systems, workflows, and personalities at their site.
- Coordinates work efforts with various external groups and internal team members/management throughout day to day operations.
- Help identify potential wide-spread issues as they may occur and notify team members and management appropriately.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- One or more years experience in a help desk, IT support or technology-centric customer service environment.
- Ability to perform basic computer troubleshooting with PC hardware and software. Experience with Mac hardware and software is a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable with mobile device technology and synchronization with Exchange.
- Basic knowledge of active directory and networking from a desktop support perspective.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well with others and be team oriented in nature.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Must have basic to intermediate problem determination, analysis and escalation skills.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive
benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is top notch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible
for a 100% Company match!
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top