Human Resources - Sr HR Coordinator
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Senior HR Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating a smooth onboarding process for new employees, by working with managers, HR Business partners, recruiters, and vendors. The Sr. HR Coordinator will also be responsible for quality assurance of new hire data, managing to onboarding policies and procedures, working with outside vendor(s) on drug screen and background check escalations and working on other People Operations projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- College degree preferred
- 2 years in Entry level HR position
- 2+ years of client/customer service experience
- Experience in entry level data entry role preferred
- Understanding of media company and publishing business preferred but not required
- Understanding of Onboarding new employees and orientation preferred but not required
- Knowledge of background check and drug screening requirements preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Well organized
- Willingness to understand the duties and competencies of different roles within the onboarding process
- Excellent partnering skills
- Analytical skills preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Dayforce system experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking systems and onboarding systems preferred but not required
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top