Human Resources - HRIS Specialist
This is an outstanding entry level opportunity to get into one of the nation's leading media and marketing solutions companies. This position will be based at the McLean, VA headquarters office which includes an on-site health club, free garage parking, cafeteria, and more! The Metro Silver Line is just around the corner. The HRIS Specialist monitors information entered in the HR/Payroll system through Manager Access (MA) accurately and within established timeframes. The specialist answers questions about Manager Access tool and information in the HR/Payroll system (Ceridian).
Main responsibilities include:
- Data Entry – Reviews information in the HRIS In-basket and formats for entry into the HR/Payroll system. Follows up with managers in regards to entering new hire pay, transfers and any questions related to the changes they submitted.
- Workflow Management – Moves items from one step to the next. Reviews discrepancies, requests clarification and escalates if necessary. Answers questions about the workflow and the audit trail. Reviews integrity reports and makes changes as necessary.
- HRIS/MA Resource – First level of contact for questions about Manager Access and the status of actions in Workflow, escalates issues to next level if necessary. Answers questions about timing of actions and their impact on employee pay.
- Creates and generates standard and ad-hoc reports from the database; includes translating HRIS reports into Excel spreadsheets or Word documents to assist HR with internal or external reporting requirements.
- Enters and ensures accuracy of confidential employee data in the Human Resources Information System.
- Handles routine problems with processing transactions in the Human Resource Information System and identifies manager self service issues.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs daily audits of information received into the Human Resource Information System using established internal audit procedures to ensure data integrity.
- Prepares routine statistical summaries and reports from the Human Resources Information System regarding employee data.
- Provides summary of research of standard HR information, develops standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Receives and enters confidential employee information into the Human Resources Information System.
- Serves as a key contact for managers, HR and HRIS for employee data management transactions and inquiries.
- Supports day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Information System department.
- Treats confidential information with care, ensures security level of report recipient(s) prior to dissemination.
- Verifies and maintains documentation required for employee information transactions. Ensures additional approvals are obtained when necessary.
- Works with HR to develop and update the process documentation and procedures.
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer service environment or industry.
- College degree preferred.
- Ability to organize large volumes of information, create and maintain a process which makes it easy to know what has yet to be worked on and what is being worked.
- Ability to figure out why something happened to an employee's paycheck and clearly communicate the reason. Must be analytical.
- Must be able to work with confidential information.
- Must be very detail oriented and responsive, and accurate data entry experience.
- Payroll entry experience, human resources and customer service/banking experience a plus.
- Familiarity with computer systems, ERP Applications (Lawson, PeopleSoft etc), MS office and Human Resources. Effective written and verbal skills in individual or group situations.
- Ability to focus on desired results and set and achieves challenging goals.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top