Human Resources Business Partner
At USA TODAY NETWORK, we are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join the team as a Human Resources Business Partner based in NY, NY working with the national sales team to support people needs as well as operational goals. The HR Business Partner will form partnerships across the People team as well as within the national sales team by delivering value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization while acting as an employee champion and change agent.
The successful candidate will understand the division's goals, financial position, culture and competition. This position is instrumental in facilitating an employee-oriented, high performance workplace culture. Serving as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues, the successful HRBP will be an expert in navigating multi-layered, complex organizations, contributing business insight into the development of talent strategies and solutions, influencing business strategies as well as day-to-day operations. Position reports to HR Director.
Successful Candidates Will Demonstrate:
The Human Resources Business Partner is both a strategic as well as hands-on business partner who will provide full cycle HR support. In this role, you will be critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence as well as process improvement.
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and process to effect continual improvements in business goals, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the pulse of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environments.
- Coaching and mentoring at all management levels.
- Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs.
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- The ability to think big but also not be afraid to 'roll up your sleeves'.
- A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Leverage data and provide analysis and insight of people trends, internal and external.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a bias for action-oriented results.
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Advise and collaborate with HR and functional teams in the development of process improvement opportunities that may be scaled across the locations as well as the company.
- Ensure 2-way communication across HR and functional teams to support the location(s).
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to solve people-related business problems.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws regarding employment, wage and hours, OSHA and related laws
- Proactively anticipate and address issues.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Human Resources or equivalent. Master's degree or HR certification is preferred
- Minimum of 5-years of experience in a similar role required.
- A working knowledge of employment laws and multi-level recruitment experience, particularly in a sales-type environment
- Demonstrated human resources experience, with emphasis on succession planning, employee relations, recruiting and performance management
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top