Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Boston, MA, USA • Chicago, IL, USA • Florida, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • Manhattan, New York, NY, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Milwaukee, WI, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • New York, NY, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Springfield, MO, USA • Tennessee, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Virginia, USA • Virtual Req #18012
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The HR Business Partne r will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management and provides comprehensive Human Resource support to the People Resources Team that may include employee relations, performance management, orientations, communications, and project management. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Human Resources.
Successful Candidates Will Demonstrate:
The HR Business Partner will support the People Resources Team in conjunction with the Sr. Director, HR and help support the business partner team within Corporate Functions. In this role you will have exposure across Corporate Functions and work with the entire team. If you have relationship building strong organizational and communications skills this is the role for you.
Support the People Resources team in day-to-day activities such as employee relations, performance management ensure have a pulse of the organization.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the pulse of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environments.
- Own communications within the corporate functions HRBP team with regards to enterprise program rollouts
- Assist in leadership development and key talent retention efforts (e.g engagement interviews, pulse focus checks, coaching/counseling, employee recognition, talent talks)
- Assist in developing solutions through organizational development (e.g. restructuring, roles and responsibility clarification, workforce planning)
- Partner in the launch and maintenance of mentor and intern programs
- Partner in development, launch and roll-out of job shadowing/job rotation programs
- Support strategic project work - coordination of calibration sessions, 360-degree feedback sessions etc
- Develop and launch Employee Experience Program across all corporate functions creating consistency- from onboarding to the first 180 days
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Human Resources or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience in Human Resources
- Strong communication skills in writing and verbally
- Strong skills in Project Management, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to build strong relationships as a trusted partner