Host / Producer, Sports Video
New York, NY, USA Req #9707
Monday, November 18, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Host / Producer, Sports Video
The USA TODAY Network seeks a Host / Producer for our Sports Video Franchises team. The team is responsible for creating best-in-class, brand-defining digital video series for an array of audiences and platforms. The position is based in New York.
This role is responsible for hosting segments of various USA TODAY Sports video franchises. You'll work closely with sports video producers and USA TODAY's team of reporters and editors to deliver daily video content.
We're looking for a host with a passion for sports news, history and culture, with demonstrated experience hosting and interviewing talent in premiere studio and field environments. While videos are primarily studio-based, there is regular opportunity for interviews and hosted segments in the field and at major sports events.
The role requires sharp editorial judgement, production, writing and communication skills. You should be versatile on camera, naturally conversational, and engaging on range of sports subjects, from irreverent to serious.
- Host daily segments and occasional features for USA TODAY Sports video franchises
- Work closely with USA TODAY Sports producers to develop video complementing Network sports coverage
- Work with the overall USA TODAY studio team to maintain and grow our slate of productions
- Stay ahead of industry trends and infuse our sports video with an entrepreneurial, forward-looking sprit
- Cultivate our brand's social media presence as a USA TODAY sports host
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital video and entertainment
- Demonstrated experience hosting digital video series and segments in studio and field
- Understanding of all digital media platforms and social media
- Experience coordinating and planning sports, news, entertainment, feature, and/or scripted content
- Strong writing and editorial decision-making skills
- Experience and skill in Adobe Premiere and After-Effects is a plus
- Understanding of digital video publishing, programming, and content-management systems
- Ability to travel and work nights / weekends regularly based on sports events
HOW TO APPLY
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don't limit your upload to a resume; show us what you've done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume - one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 10-12 online samples of your work. Show us what you've produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled in a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top