Gannett Publishing Services
Under general supervision, electronically creates and processes online and print ads/campaigns to generate advertising revenue or market the Star, its products, services and/or partnerships. Occasionally creates rich internet applications utilizing Adobe Photoshop and hypertext markup language coding. Utilizes both broad and specialized knowledge of current and past design trends, design tools and design techniques. As part of either the department's Production or Marketing efforts, often works directly with sales staff to meet client needs. Serves as backup in a range of specific departmental functions noted in Job Duties and Responsibilities below.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design live integrated online and print ad campaigns
- Consults with sales reps and customers on ad design and campaigns
- Classified Pagination
- Ad Services Desk
- Must produce high quality, error free ads, while meeting multiple deadlines. Provide creative ideas in a team environment for the purpose of assisting in the sale of advertising products.
- Must have a strong commitment to excellence; is expected to produce quality work.
- Ability to produce high-quality, error-free ads, while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Talent for offering creative ideas in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of effective print and online advertising design, copy, layout and printing processes.
- Excellent typing and grammar skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to adapt to change in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Minimum two-year art degree.
- Minimum three years' experience in print or online ad design and
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top