- Auburn, MA
Auburn, MA, USA Req #16227
Friday, May 28, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
Processing of newspaper products to include mechanical insertion, counting, bundling, stacking and packaging for shipment.
A General Help employee may be asked to do one or all of the following:
• Setup and operation of press stackers and auxiliary equipment. Requires moderate bending and lifting of approximately 5 lbs. Somewhat repetitious.
• Jogging and stacking of newspaper products from press stackers. Requires lifting of 10 to 15 lbs. but minimal bending. Moderately repetitious.
• Palletizing product. Requires a high amount of bending and lifting of 10 to 50 lbs. High level of repetition.
• Accurate counting of newspapers and related products.
• Operation of electric pallet jack to move palletized material around DC operation as needed.
- ALL General Help employees will be expected to :
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
• Adhere to all company and corporate policies and regulations.
• Manual dexterity and ability to perform repetitive motion work.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
• Mechanical knowledge beneficial.
• Employee must be a team player with good interpersonal skills, communication skills, and demonstrated willingness to work with others.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
• Safe exposure to chemicals, ink and noise.
A General Help employee in our Press department will be asked to do a variety of tasks associated with the processing of our newspapers. These tasks include stacking and palletizing bundles, cleaning up and emptying trash, and movement of skids operating both manual and electric pallet jacks.
This position requires a moderate amount of bending, lifting of 5-10lbs repetitively for extended periods of time.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top