General & Admin - Administrative Assistant III
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
About the Job
The Pacific Daily, part of the USA TODAY Network and the premier media and media solutions company on Guam, has an opportunity for a qualified Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant provides general administrative and clerical support to the President. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence
- Managing the President's calendar
- Answering and fielding telephone calls
- Preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Scheduling and coordinating the President's meetings, appointments and business travel arrangements.
- Maintaining, organizing and coordinating office events, office supplies, building needs and administrative functions of the leadership team.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or commensurate years of experience within field will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years executive assistant experience
- Exceptionally high standards and self-confidence with a desire to do great work while functioning in a multitasking, fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be a news and information consumer, and up-to-date on local and national issues.
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong MS Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strategic and critical thinker comfortable with making recommendations and the ability to solve problems.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, coupled with outstanding written and oral communication skills; strong proofreading and editing skills are required
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that include: health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, paid time off, and paid company holidays.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply and join our talent network by submitting their resume and application at: http://www.guampdn.com
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 109 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top