Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Boston, MA, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • Knoxville, TN, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • New York, NY, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Springfield, MO, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Virtual Req #21427
Monday, April 25, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Rugged Maniac is the premier entry-level obstacle course race(OCR) in North America. It offers a fun but challenging 5K course that attracts participants of all fitness levels, from couch potatoes to CrossFit enthusiasts. The race features 25 innovative obstacles, from giant water slides to flaming fire jumps, and a day-long festival with music, sponsor booths, contests, games, and plenty of food and beer!
Ventures Endurance, the company behind the Rugged Maniac Obstacle Race, is seeking hardworking, adaptable, and passionate individuals to join our national event production team.
As a Field Production Associate, you will be part of a team responsible for obstacle assembly, course buildout and restoration, and event day course management. This position will facilitate event production activities for 15-25 events annually across the United States and Canada. Responsibilities of this role include obstacle buildout and maintenance, event load-in and load-out, compliance with established procedures and checklists, equipment/machinery operations and participant safety.
- Site load-in, load-out, and organization
- Assemble obstacles in accordance with design and safety standards
- Obstacle maintenance and repairs
- Machinery/equipment operation
- Timely completion of assigned training programs
- Course buildout
- Course operations and management, ensuring all safety and event standards are met
- Site restoration
- Compliance with established procedures and checklists
- Collaborate with team members to develop and implement site-specific solutions
- Other tasks as assigned
- 1-3 years of event, construction, or project management experience
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently with supervision
- Team player with willingness to learn
- Adaptability and proven ability to operate under stress
- Detail oriented with a focus on process improvement
- Creative thinker - willing to put forth ideas from better ways of achieving objectives
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the year
- Equipment operating experience preferred
- Valid Passport preferred