Field District Manager
- Columbus, OH
Columbus, OH, USA Req #12836
Monday, December 14, 2020
FIELD DISTRICT MANAGER
Gannett Publishing Services
The Primary role of the Circulation District Manager is To ensure that superior customer service is provided to our subscribers by the independent contractors in order to grow circulation and maximize retention. This role is responsible for all publications delivered for the district assigned. Ensure that deliveries by home delivery contractors are timely and to the customer's satisfaction. Manage distribution contracts and keep complaints to an acceptable level. Communicate daily with contractors, supervisor and customer service as needed.
- Work in team with other District Managers and Supervisor to manage circulation service, growth and retention within an assigned District.
- Work in team with other District Managers and Supervisor to help manage the accurate daily setup and distribution of multiple publications to the independent contractors.
- Monitor service levels of all publications and ensure routes are completed by deadlines. Take corrective action with contractors as necessary to resolve delivery issues.
- Maintain contractor routes, cover or deliver open contractor routes, recruit and orient new contractors and work to retain the carriers we have. Set service expectations, and communicate with drivers frequently so issues can get resolved before they become big problems.
- Propose profit margins, minimize delivery expense, and get contracts signed by independent contractors.
- Participate in newspaper sales promotions and campaigns designed to increase sales in assigned district or territory.
- Work effectively as a team member and exalt the values of teamwork.
- Exemplify superior internal and external customer service at all times.
- Set the work ethic example for carriers to follow
- High School diploma; some college preferred.
- Supervisory experience of at least one year is required
- Experience in a time sensitive delivery business is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well both independently as well as in a team.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Window-based PC software programs is required.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds, 100 times in a five-hour period and be able to drive and move around comfortably in a panel van truck.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top