The Naples Daily News in beautiful Southwest Florida is seeking a creative,
passionate and experienced Features Editor to help lead our features team and
partner with fellow journalists at The News-Press in Fort Myers.
The ideal candidate will excel in planning ahead, capitalizing on current
trends, and coaching and editing journalists in both narrative and alternative
storytelling for all platforms. We are an enthusiastic newsroom and seek
someone who shares the same passion that we do, while also ensuring accuracy
and diversity in our coverage.
- Direct and plan content for social channels, naplesnews.com and The Naples Daily News, including features
and entertainment sections.
- Coach and nurture journalists.
- Excel in tight editing,but with understanding of SEO and AP.
- Social media interaction and promotion of content.
- Encouraging reporters to think of non-traditional storytelling methods such as video or social
- Work with other editors on staff to plan content/event coverage.
- At least 5 years of features experience
- At least 3 years of management and editing experience
- Proven comfort managing between digital and print
- An active social media presence
The Naples Daily News and naplesnews.com is an
award-winning newspaper and website located on the Gulf Coast in Southwest
Florida. The beach is 10 minutes from our newsroom. Naples has a highly engaged
and growing population. Once known mainly as a snowbird/retiree community,
Naples is seeing an influx of young professionals and families move to the
area. We are looking for a features editor who will help grow our engagement,
connection and footprint within our community.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top