Exhibitor Sales Representative
- Columbus, OH
- Indianapolis, IN
- New York, NY
- Flexible / Remote
- McLean, VA
- Cadillac, MI
- Richmond, KY
- Williamsport, PA
- Scottsville, VA
Columbus, OH, USA • Indianapolis, IN, USA • Kentucky, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Michigan, USA • New York, NY, USA • Pennsylvania, USA • Virginia, USA • Virtual Req #16234
Friday, May 28, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Ventures Events is looking for an Exhibitor Sales Representative. This position is responsible for selling new customers to participate in Consumer Shows which include Home & Garden Shows, Bridal Shows, Kidz Expos as well as other events we manage. You will spend 80% of time talking with customers, by telephone and other types of outreach communication. You will need to understand their needs and persuade them of the benefits of participating and provide excellent customer service after the sale. Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision.
Consumer shows and event marketing is a fast growing niche because clients who participate see immediate and lasting results. Prefer candidates with a minimum of two years of inside sales telephone experience. Proven work experience will be valued. Basic business, word processing, excel and PowerPoint computer skills needed along with clear, concise verbal and written communication. Please send a resume to email@example.com.
Job Title: Exhibitor Sales Representative
Department: Ventures Events, Expo Sales
Reports To: Exhibit Sales Director, Megan Johnson
The Exhibit Success Representative supports all exhibitor selling efforts for Ventures/Columbus, Ohio and in other markets. This position is responsible for selling new customers to participate in Consumer Shows which include Home & Garden Shows, Bridal Shows, Kidz Expos, and other Ventures events specified. Employee will spend 80% of their time talking with customers primarily by telephone and supported by other types of outreach communication.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Sell new businesses to participate as exhibitors in shows, including renewals of existing clients, through inside sales efforts
• Meet sales quotas though a high volume of telephone calls every day, with supporting communication
• Meet customer needs by creating flexible placement opportunities within the event floorplan
• Understand the clients needs, and be able to pivot between shows/events while in the selling process.
• Be a conceptual seller who elicits and quickly comprehends client needs and is highly creative in suggesting ideas and activation platforms that will interest the client and close the sale.
• Understand B2C media.
• Identify new prospects and keep the sales pipeline full with qualified prospects. Must be proficient with social media, especially Linked In and Facebook.
• Convert prospects to sold accounts at an acceptable rate
• Provide excellent customer service to clients and manage expectations to assure they are exceeded.
• Team player -- work closely with department staff members to understand and contribute to the shows/events
• Communication -- ability to communicate effortlessly with businesses that do not currently use our services. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Software use -- ability to quickly grasp use of software for exhibit sales, plus software like word, excel and powerpoint or equivalent
• Work shows and events and associated duties as assigned
• Regular and timely attendance.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supports Ventures Staff members
• Work closely with Management to understand sales goals and sales projections.
• Attends Ventures meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top