Executive Producer, Digital Video Franchises
- New York, NY
New York, NY, USA Req #17175
Friday, July 9, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Executive Producer, Digital Video Franchises
USA TODAY Studios, the USA TODAY NETWORK's premiere digital video studio, seeks an Executive Producer to lead video franchises for its expanding sports betting vertical.
The EP will build and lead a team responsible for producing a range of digital video franchises focused on the sports betting category. The ideal candidate is passionate about the world of sports and creative about video approaches to storytelling, coverage and analysis. Knowledge and experience in professional and college football is essential.
This role is tasked with developing, refining, and executing show concepts; demonstrated knowledge, experience, and contacts in the world of sports betting is essential.
You're experienced in digital video production and is comfortable crafting video in different formats including short-form, mid-form and long-form. You know how to develop and execute thematic, series-driven approaches to video to delight audiences, partners, and sponsors. You're well-versed in the editorial and production aspects of premium digital video formats, from desktop to mobile to social to streaming, with a sharp attention to detail and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The role requires a hands-on leader and excellent communicator, with the ability to interface with editors, producers, reporters, product and sales teams around the USA TODAY Network.The EP will also be responsible for management and performance evaluations.
The role is based in New York City.
- Show-run a variety of sports betting video franchises.
- Build and manage a production team responsible for daily and weekly output.
- Manage publishing process to ensure content is optimized across multiple platforms.
- Manage Producer, Associate Producer and/or Video Editor level staff.
- Be immersed in the sports betting ecosystem to ensure our content stays ahead of the curve.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in communications, journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+years of professional experience in digital media with a focus on show-running and video production.
- Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of the sports betting ecosystem.
- Passion and experience in sports media, especially football.
- In-depth experience in all editorial and production aspects of premium digital video.
- Experience producing video for digital platforms in multiple formats.
- Strong writing and editorial decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to manage employees.
- Understanding of Web technology, CMS systems, digital video, digital audio, streaming, video editing, and Web analytics.
- Employment is contingent on passing a post-offer pre-employment background check and a motor vehicle record check & drug screen (for driving roles only).
1. Your resume - one to two pages.
2. A cover letter detailing your related experience and information explaining why you think you are the right person for the job. If you do not include a cover letter, you will not be considered.
3. Links to 5 online samples of digital storytelling. Show us what you've produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top