McLean, VA, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Virtual Req #20016
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Gannett is seeking an Executive Compensation Analyst. She/he will partner with the Sr Manager, Executive Compensation and Stock Administration to help develop, implement, and administer market competitive executive compensation and stock-based incentive programs. The Compensation Analyst will participate in projects related and not limited to stock administration, materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, the annual compensation cycles, and maintain severance programs. She/he will report to the Sr Manager, Executive Compensation and Stock Administration. This position can be remote.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistant on the development, implementation, communication, and administration of market competitive executive compensation and long-term incentive programs.
- Help create consistent techniques to compile, prepare, and present data in response to special, ad-hoc requests and annual processes.
- Administer compensation programs for vice president and above level roles, including members of the Board of Directors.
- Help ensure competitive, constant, and cost-effective compensation policies and practices.
- In partnership with legal and finance, ensure ongoing compliance with internal and external regulatory reporting and requirements for equity plans and disclosures.
- In conjunction with internal partners, help develop and maintain reporting and internal review processes and systems, employee communication and education programs, and grant recording and tracking mechanisms.
- Analyze performance of equity plans and grant practices for consistency.
- Understand the needs of customers and help design project plans accordingly.
- Educate and consult with HR business partners on compensation policies and programs.
- Collaborate early and often while building open and honest relationships with peers and business clients.
- Use independent judgment and decision-making authority in day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of compensation or related experience.
- Compensation or stock administration certification is a plus.
- Administration and delivery of stock-based compensation programs.
- Knowledge of current market trends and leading compensation practices.
- Solid technical skills: high attention to detail, prioritization, communications, Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint), problem solving, and analytics.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills: relationship building, enthusiasm, and positive outlook.
- Results oriented with strong ability to work autonomously and with multiple partner teams.
- Proficiency with compensation, stock (Fidelity a plus), and HR systems.
- Experience with enhancing processes and creating efficiencies.