Event Sponsorships Sales Manager
- Rochester, NY
- Boston, MA
- New York, NY
- Flexible / Remote
- Nashville, TN
- Chicago, IL
- Manhattan, NY
- Chattanooga, TN
- Springfield, MO
- McLean, VA
- Asbury Park, NJ
Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Boston, MA, USA • Chattanooga, TN, USA • Chicago, IL, USA • Manhattan, New York, NY, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • New York, NY, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Springfield, MO, USA • Virtual Req #15380
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Event Sponsorship Sales Manager
Ventures Endurance, the endurance event division of Gannett, is seeking a Sponsorship Sales Manager. Our ideal candidate is looking to expand their career in sales and has the talent, drive and creativity to engage with a wide range of clients with smart and strategic messaging and compelling opportunities. The Sponsorship Sales Manager reports directly to the Vice President Event Sponsorship and works closely with Event Directors and other members of the Ventures Endurance Team. If you think you have what it takes to work with our expanding team, apply now!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pursue and secure new local, regional and national sponsorship sales.
- Develop and execute a strategic lead generation process to secure meetings.
- Prepare customized and compelling presentations and proposals.
- Work across departments to develop, close and activate sponsorship deals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to uncover and analyze new business opportunities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Confident in overcoming objections and closing business.
- Must have positive attitude.
- Command of basic computer skills with Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Bachelor's degree. Business administration, advertising, marketing or related field a bonus.
- 1+ years of experience selling integrated sponsorships to local, regional and/or national brands.
- History of tangible sales results
- Passion for events and a willingness to travel
Job Family: Sales
Job Function: Event Sponsorship Sales
Pay Type: Salary
Boston, MA or Chicago, Ill (Virtual/Remote possible)
USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures creates impactful consumer engagements and experiences through world-class events, promotions, races and technology. We strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories and drive value for our partners while leveraging our reputable institutions, including USA TODAY and more than 250 local media brands. The events and promotions that we build inspire pride in local communities and connect local and national businesses with highly engaged audiences. We are an industry leader and drive results from coast to coast. USATVentures.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top