Event Sales & Marketing Rep
Florida Today, is seeking an Event Sales & Marketing Representative to promote subscription sales, build the brand image and presence and assist consumer trial at the region's hottest events.
Candidates must be 18 years of age and older and have prior sales experience. The more you sell, the more you can earn!
This is a part-time position that requires flexible, non-traditional work hours. The ideal candidate will have a passion for interacting with the public, have a solid sales track record, be highly personable with excellent communication skills, and be highly confident and motivated.
This position reports to the Local Sales Manager.
- Attend Florida Today sponsored and local events to sell newspaper subscriptions, with a focus on acquisition.
- Coordinate events and onsite presence with Local Sales Manager to maximize sales exposure.
- Deliver key benefits: Value, Relevance, User Experience & Benefits
- Engage consumers with charisma and energy, not only to deliver vital product talking points and demonstrations but to provide a fun and memorable experience
- Influence purchase behavior and make a SALE!
- Capture LEADS – demonstrate steps to Link, Like & Love Florida Today on Facebook, floridatoday.com, reporter email / newsletters, and more
- Engage & Incentivize consumers in all product offerings and sales plans
- Bring Florida Today to life by demonstrating the functionality and ease of use and positive emotional benefit gained for consumers
- Provide product demonstrations via video, interactive monitor, iPad, and/or mobile device
- Discuss upcoming strategic editorial content offerings and upcoming events
- Possesses the ability to prioritize, adhere to schedules and communicate regularly on project status.
- Must be able to work independently and also as a member of a cohesive team. Has the physical stamina to set up and breakdown kiosks, carry hand-outs and stand for extended periods of time.
- React to changes productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- 1 - 2 years of sales experience.
- Sales skills should be present along with strong communications skills.
- Time management and good organization skills are critical.
- Must be available to work daytime and non-traditional hours, including some nights and weekends
- Must be savvy with social media and digital technology
- Travel is a requirement of the position; must possess a vehicle, valid driver's license and car insurance.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top