Event Production Manager
- Rochester, NY
- New York, NY
- Tucson, AZ
- Flexible / Remote
- Nashville, TN
- Memphis, TN
- Fort Myers, FL
- Manhattan, NY
- Springfield, MO
- McLean, VA
- Buffalo Grove, IL
- Asbury Park, NJ
Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA ● Buffalo Grove, IL, USA ● Fort Myers, FL, USA ● Manhattan, New York, NY, USA ● McLean, VA, USA ● Memphis, TN, USA ● Nashville, TN, USA ● New York, NY, USA ● Rochester, NY, USA ● Springfield, MO, USA ● Tucson, AZ, USA ● Virtual Req #14972
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Event Production & Logistics Manager - EnMotive
Reporting To: VP Event Production
The Manager, Event Production & Logistics provides support to the management level with the goal of developing and delivering events and visibility that present EnMotive as the event production leader in the running community. He/she owns the responsibility for coordinating and managing the on the ground logistics and delivery of all EnMotive production events (races, expos, retail, and training events) as well as additional event coordination and support as needed to fulfill EnMotive local events and company equipment rentals, contracts and initiatives. He/she will work with both internal and external partners to deliver events and services in line with the financial and strategic goals of the company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• EnMotive Production (contracted events) & any assigned VE Local Race Series events
• Support operations owner for overall event
• Works with Race Director and designated members of the EnMotive team on course and site layout
• Prepare and/or provide appropriate information, documents and maps of areas of responsibility for permit submission to City of Chicago, Chicago Park District and appropriate agencies locally as well as appropriate agencies in other cities for regional / national events
• Street closure and logistics plan
• Event Operations
• Work with Race Director in service provider selection as appropriate
• Work with Race Director on design and publishing of race course and event layouts
• Coordinate race service providers, pre, during and post event
• Work with Event Team on staffing needs for races and events
• Facilitate delivery schedule for races and provide necessary workforce for delivery / receiving in conjunction with Warehouse Team
• Determine truck rental and driving as needed in conjunction with Operations Team
• Coordinate inflow and outflow of items related to EnMotive Production and Local Race Series events in conjunction with Warehouse Manager as well as equipment (including fencing) rentals
• Responsible for inventory and integrity of all unique EnMotive Production warehouse items
• Provide efficient structure and flow within the physical warehouse as it relates to EnMotive Production and VE Local Race Series events
• Coordinate EnMotive Production vehicles including but not limited to; proper licensing, maintenance/appearance, scheduling of usage, issuing of keys and fobs, tracking system
• Obtain a Class C or higher (Class) vehicle operator license and maintain the necessary requirements of said license
• Work with Race Director and the Finance Department to establish and maintain budget(s)
• Produce all vendor requisitions and purchase orders and responsible for keeping track of payment of invoices for your areas of responsibilities
• Provide accurate expenditures for supplies and materials
• Client Relations
• Meet with EnMotive Production clients as defined by contract, or as often as needed, to coordinate all operational aspects of their event
• Follow EnMotive Production protocol for professional interaction with clients including, but not limited to; proper response time to calls, texts and emails, meeting client deadlines and providing accurate information
• Produce event wrap up in a timely manner
• Ensure compliance with workplace safety programs
This position may have part-time event staff, under its supervision at various times. This position is responsible for the instruction, training and performance of contract, temporary or volunteer staff under its direct supervision. At times this position may also be responsible for the hiring of part -time, contract and temporary staff under its direct supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility and duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The role requires two to three years in an event production environment. A detail orientated thinker and problem solver who can understand and adapt quickly to office systems, spatial challenges and processes that currently exist as well as understand the needs and initiatives of various department personnel to create new processes.
Knowledge of running, sports marketing and special event production related experience is also preferred.
Ideal candidate will have at minimum a bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or University. References of events exhibiting skills in timeline and logistical planning may be asked.
Must be able to read and interpret documents or online templates such as agreements, invoices, and procedure manuals. Able to write requirements and instruction concisely to staff, vendors and individuals on varying topics related to sensitive and non-sensitive issues
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute rates, discount percentages and summations in cost reports on excel or electronic digital format.
Possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ideal candidate will have extremely high knowledge of Excel and knowledgeable with vector-based software (Illustrator preferred). Knowledge of CAD/Mapping software is preferred, but not necessary. Excellent knowledge of other MS applications such as Word and PowerPoint are also needed to perform this job successfully. Efficient usage of email correspondence, project collaboration systems is also necessary.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Candidate must possess Standard Drivers' License and be willing to obtain Class C classification and forklift certification if necessary. Candidate must be able to successfully complete required training workshops as provided by contractual client agreements. The candidate will be required to drive company owned and rental vehicles including, but not limited to: Cars, SUVs, Pick-up Trucks, Vans (passenger and cargo), Trucks (up to 26ft), Carts and Gators
In the usual office environment, the physical demands are limited to that required for administrative responsibilities, however in the warehouse and on-site event environment, the candidate will be required to lift and move equipment or objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move equipment or objects up to 75 pounds. Any required lifting above 75 pounds would be rare and assistance by team members or equipment will be provided.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee will be dividing work time between the office location, where the work environment is moderate and consists of planning and preparation for events in a professional business environment and warehouse location(s), outdoors, evenings and weekends for specialized projects and job and event requirements. During the event(s) period, this position is performed outdoors for the duration of the events we manage and produce which may include periods of time when the scheduled work week will be Thursday - Monday. This position involves onsite work responsibilities.
It is a necessity that this role and every role within the organization, view, understand and communicate the event(s) at a broad level while being responsible and accountable to the smallest detail. Personal background checks to validate driver's license and past criminal behavior will be conducted.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top