Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Ashland City, TN 37015, USA • Bergenfield, NJ, USA • Clarksville, TN, USA • Dickson, TN, USA • Evansville, IN, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • Jackson, MS, USA • Jackson, TN, USA • Knoxville, TN, USA • Lafayette, LA, USA • Manhattan, New York, NY, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Melbourne, FL, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Milwaukee, WI, USA • Monroe, LA, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • New York, NY, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Shreveport, LA, USA • Springfield, MO, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Ventura, CA, USA • Virtual Req #19693
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures creates impactful consumer engagements and experiences through world-class events, promotions, races and technology. We strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories and drive value for our partners while leveraging our reputable institutions, including USA TODAY and more than 250 local media brands.
Our portfolio includes the largest high school sports recognition program in the country, USA TODAY High School Sports Awards, and other celebrated brands including the Official Community's Choice Awards, American Influencer Awards, Rugged Maniac, Hot Chocolate 15k/5k, Blockbuster Bucket List sweepstakes, Amazing Teachers contest, and more. Our events are managed with our proprietary ticketing and registration platform, EnMotive.
The events and promotions that we build inspire pride in local communities and connect local and national businesses with highly engaged audiences. We are an industry leader and drive results from coast to coast.
Event Operations Manager
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing race related event logistics, negotiations and budgets for specific events from the time the event is established through post event close out.
- Working to secure and document all necessary permits, event timelines, public safety plans, event design, and parking plans required in the planning and execution of the event.
- Preparing and/or providing appropriate information, documents and maps of areas of responsibility for permit submission to all government entities, provide parties, and contractors.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with third parties, public agencies and municipalities, state and Federal governments to coordinate the production of events.
- Establishing the vision for existing events in conjunction with the Operations team, ensuring events are operating efficiently while maintaining a high brand standard.
- Developing processes that contribute to the financial goals of the organization and overseeing established event budgets.
- Working with various department heads to meet deadlines and event and company goals, driving continuing efficiency and communication between departments.
- Communicating with the Operations team to identify outstanding action items needed to produce the event, and coordinating the successful execution of those items.
- Overseeing event course and site layout development.
- Conducting vendor outreach, quote analysis and negotiation in coordination with the Operations team, and ensuring timely and accurate payment/tracking of vendors.
- Managing all onsite event inventories, including collateral, registration and volunteer supplies, tents, and branding.
- Managing race service providers, pre, during and post event.
- Travel obligations ~50% throughout the year.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- 2+ years race management experience
- Proven attention to detail with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to hold oneself accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mindset and approach to managing projects and problem solving
- Ability to forge interdepartmental relationships and build a strong team atmosphere
- Proven leadership and management abilities