Event Operations Manager
- Milwaukee, WI
- Rochester, NY
- New York, NY
- Tucson, AZ
- Flexible / Remote
- Nashville, TN
- Memphis, TN
- Fort Myers, FL
- Manhattan, NY
- Springfield, MO
- McLean, VA
- Woodland Hills, CA
- Asbury Park, NJ
Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA ● Fort Myers, FL, USA ● Manhattan, New York, NY, USA ● McLean, VA, USA ● Memphis, TN, USA ● Milwaukee, WI, USA ● Nashville, TN, USA ● New York, NY, USA ● Rochester, NY, USA ● Springfield, MO, USA ● Tucson, AZ, USA ● Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA ● Virtual Req #14976
Friday, April 2, 2021
Event Operations Manager
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing race related event logistics, negotiations and budgets for specific events from the time the event is established through post event close out.
- Working to secure and document all necessary permits, event timelines, public safety plans, event design, and parking plans required in the planning and execution of the event.
- Preparing and/or providing appropriate information, documents and maps of areas of responsibility for permit submission to all government entities, provide parties, and contractors.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with third parties, public agencies and municipalities, state and Federal governments to coordinate the production of events.
- Establishing the vision for existing events in conjunction with the Operations team, ensuring events are operating efficiently while maintaining a high brand standard.
- Developing processes that contribute to the financial goals of the organization and overseeing established event budgets.
- Working with various department heads to meet deadlines and event and company goals, driving continuing efficiency and communication between departments.
- Communicating with the Operations team to identify outstanding action items needed to produce the event, and coordinating the successful execution of those items.
- Overseeing event course and site layout development.
- Conducting vendor outreach, quote analysis and negotiation in coordination with the Operations team, and ensuring timely and accurate payment/tracking of vendors.
- Managing all onsite event inventories, including collateral, registration and volunteer supplies, tents, and branding.
- Managing race service providers, pre, during and post event.
- Travel obligations ~50% throughout the year.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- 2+ years race management experience
- Proven attention to detail with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to hold oneself accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mindset and approach to managing projects and problem solving
- Ability to forge interdepartmental relationships and build a strong team atmosphere
- Proven leadership and management abilities
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top