Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
USA TODAY's LIFE team, which covers everything entertainment and pop culture, has an immediate opening for a night editor/content producer to focus on growing our digital audience. This is an entry level position, and the hours are 4-12 p.m. ET.
• Write/edit/post TV recaps and entertainment event coverage
• Assist with late weeknight/weekend events including awards shows and red carpets
• Follow breaking news/trending news, write and edit as necessary
• Coordinate with our west coast entertainment team on coverage including main social accounts
• Assist with editing non-breaking content for music, movies, TV, celebrities, fashion, as necessary
• Post stories, photos, multimedia, videos and graphics online.
• Write headlines, story summaries, social media posts and polls.
• Write and curate content and multimedia assets.
• Leverage web-based analytics tools (Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Facebook and Twitter analytics, etc.) to determine effectiveness and make improvements
• BS or BA in related field (journalism, communications, etc.).
• Knowledge of web production and design (HTML, CSS, Photoshop).
• Knowledge of Associated Press style, grammar and spelling.
• Knowledge of audio and video editing and formatting for the web.
• Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top