Enterprise Editor - Politics
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
USA TODAY's Washington and politics team is looking for an enterprise editor to lead an award-winning group of reporters to find and execute stories with impact - stories that resonate inside the beltway but especially in the homes of Americans.
We're looking for someone with the proven ability to spot revelatory stories and guide the reporting process, as well as to polish the work to a high sheen through coaching and editing. High-level storytelling and editing skills are a must. Knowledge of politics and Washington are preferred. The position is based in our 30-person Washington bureau.
We value accuracy and hard-hitting investigative work. We believe the best stories spark an emotional reaction in readers. People respond with outrage to great investigative work. They empathize with characters in great narratives. They feel enlightened when they learn something surprising.
Your job will be to infuse those reactions, as well as deliver journalism that results in action, into our enterprise report.
• Lead a team of reporters and collaborate with others in the Washington bureau and across the USA TODAY Network's politics team to identify and execute distinctive journalism.
• Drive innovative storytelling in all formats, from written word to video, audio and graphics.
• Conceptualize stories, work with reporters to develop reporting plans and edit their work into a polished and engaging final form.
• Proven ability to lead teams and push journalists to do their best work.
• A fine-tuned sense of right and wrong and a keen understanding of how to make complex topics relatable.
• A deep understanding of how to use records and data to answer questions.
• The organizational ability to manage multiple reporters and projects and juggle short-term and long-term reporting efforts.
• The ability to digest large amounts of information, "see the story," and help reporters execute with urgency.
• Excellent storytelling skills
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top