- Coppell, TX
Virtual Req #11408
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
USA TODAY, part of the USA TODAY Network, is looking for an Engagement Editor for the Audience Team to help amplify and spread newsroom work around race and equality. The candidate will work with the newsroom on building relationships with readers and guiding audience building, storytelling and engagement strategies, which would include but not be limited to things like community outreach and focus groups to newsletters, social strategy, audio and more. The candidate will excel at gathering feedback and making our content and strategies sharper. The role will also work closely with the business intelligence and content strategy teams to dive more deeply into research that will help shape our content strategies around the expansion of race and identity coverage.
- Demonstrates strong news judgment to help create and accurately deliver news, via stories, video, graphics and other visuals, Facebook, Instagram or any other platforms to reach our audience.
- Use metrics to inform content choices and platforms to shape engagement and audience-building strategies.
- Identifies opportunities for audience and platform growth.
- Provide analysis of trends and issues that affect the daily lives of readers that will inform our content and engagement strategies.
- Works closely with graphics, photo, video teams to ideate and/or create content.
- Is comfortable with community outreach, talking to groups both internal and external.
- Bachelor's or master's in Journalism with 5 years newsroom experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong editing, copy-editing skills.
- Is passionate about making our news and storytelling better and connecting it to engage and grow audiences.
- Is comfortable using social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, IG stories, FB groups, Reddit, YouTube, more to build out storytelling and reach readers.
- Excels in a fast-paced news environment and understands the digital first mission and can explain the ROI of engagement strategies.
- Collaborates well with others and can work with a team on the biggest stories.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. Please send:
- Your resume - one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top