- Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA, USA Req #11542
Friday, September 4, 2020
Gannett Publishing Services
Des Moines, IA
This journeyman electrician-technician will be working on the newest technology in printing equipment.
Responsibilities include troubleshooting relay logic circuits, working from electrical schematics, repairing equipment associated with pre-press, printing, and packaging issues.
• Troubleshoot, repair, maintain electric/electronic systems associated with offset presses.
• Troubleshoot, repair, maintain electric/electronic systems associated with packaging equipment, prepress equipment.
• Assist with associated troubleshooting, installation, repair, and maintenance of various facility electrical issues as required.
Skills and Abilities
• Mechanical aptitude, ability to read and comprehend prints and schematics.
• Knowledge of drive controls, PLC logic controllers, synchronous and asynchronous motors, instrumentation and measurements.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while meeting production deadlines.
Education / Training
Must have one of the following:
Four-year apprenticeship program, journeyman certification, trade school certification, or military training.
Requirement for this role
• Electrician Technician must have ability to troubleshoot, diagnose electrical problems with machines and systems and have problem solving abilities to repair same.
• Must be able to communicate with co-workers and individuals from other departments to better understand problems and issues.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top