Worcester, MA, USA Req #13746
Friday, February 5, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Editor - Weeklies
The west of Boston group of Gannett Media New England/wickedlocal.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is searching for an editor to join the team. The editor manages the day-to-day operations of two publications in Worcester County, The Millbury-Sutton Chronicle and the Grafton News .
The editor is responsible for guiding coverage of topics and issues most important to key community audiences and managing a steady flow of quality content, using data and analysis to inform decisions.
- Conceptualizing stories, working with writers including editing their work into a polished and engaging final form.
- Guiding journalists by consultation and coaching before, during and after the creation of content.
- Supervising production of both print and digital news products (often simultaneously).
- Serving as the primary point of contact for the community and audience served by the titles.
- Bachelor's or master's in communications, journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of editing experience.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- An ability to manage multiple projects and juggle short-term and long-term reporting efforts.
- A keen understanding of how to make complex stories relatable
- Strong story-telling skills.
- An understanding of metrics, social media and SEO principles.
- Self-motivation and self-direction.
- Knowledge of writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style.
- Able to multitask and excel under deadline pressure.
- Your resume - one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.