Editor- Investigations & Enterprise
312 Elm St # 20, Cincinnati, OH 45202, USA, 312 Elm St, Cincinnati, OH 45202, USA, Cincinnati, OH, USA Req #5593
Monday, December 17, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
ABOUT THE JOB
The Cincinnati Enquirer, winner of the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for local reporting and part of the USA TODAY Network, is looking for an experienced editor to lead its Investigations & Enterprise team.
Your job will be to help a group of award-winning reporters find and execute stories of impact. We're looking for someone with the proven ability to spot amazing stories and guide the reporting process, as well as to polish the work to a high sheen through the editing process. High level storytelling and editing skills are a must.
We value accuracy and hard-hitting investigative work. But we believe the best stories spark an emotional reaction in readers. People respond with outrage to great investigative work. They empathize with characters in great narratives. They feel enlightened when they learn something surprising.
Your job will be to drive those things into our enterprise report.
- Lead a team of reporters and collaborate with others across the newsroom to identify and execute distinctive investigative journalism.
- Drive innovative storytelling in all formats, from written word to video, audio and graphics.
- Conceptualize stories, work with reporters to develop reporting plans and edit their work into a polished and engaging final form
- Collaborate with other investigative editors across the USA TODAY Network on best practices and multisite projects.
- Proven ability to lead teams and push journalists to do their best work.
- A fine-tuned sense of right and wrong and a keen understanding of how to make complex stories relatable.
- A deep understanding of how to use records and data to answer questions.
- The organizational ability to manage multiple projects and juggle short-term and long-term reporting efforts.
- The ability to digest large amounts of information, "see the story," and help reporters execute with urgency.
- Excellent story-telling skills
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven D.Account Executive
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top