Are you looking for a little extra income? Do you enjoy working at night? If so, we may have a part time job for you!
The Tennessean has an immediate part time opening for dock helper. The hours vary but start at 10:30 pm, week nights may vary based on the business need but Friday and Saturday nights are mandatory for this position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the loading and unloading of products at our dock.
- Stack down papers in packaging & distribution center , in carts and on skids.
- Load and unload trucks by bundles, carts or skids.
- Operate electric or manual pallet jacks to load and unload trucks.
- Work with drivers in the delivery of papers, inserts, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist drivers in parking vehicles by directing the driver while he or she is parking/backing their vehicle.
- Sign in and out on employee time sheet to assure accurate record keeping for payroll purposes.
- Clean up of grounds around The Tennessean property.
- Clean up work area at the end of shift.
Good verbal communication skills to speak with field personnel, dock supervisor and manager. Must be able to communicate with Packaging and Distribution staff.
Must have a GED or High School Diploma.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top