Appleton, WI, USA; Green Bay, WI, USA Req #7880
Monday, October 14, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Gannett Publishing Services
Appleton/Green Bay, Wisconsin
$500 signing bonus payable at 90 days of employment
The District Manager performs under the direction of the Distribution Supervisor and oversees the daily distribution operation. He/She works closely with District Managers to maintain an effective independent contractor delivery force to distribute all products either produced or distributed by the company while meeting the department's delivery and financial objectives. This is a night time position usually starting between 11pm - midnight and includes weekends.
- Distribute daily products to independent contractors in both home delivery and retail sales.
- Oversite of staging and monitoring carrier activity at the distribution center to include making sure that each carrier receives the proper amount of papers and supplies to complete their routes.
- Field operations including delivering on open or down routes as needed.
- Administrative duties such as preparing daily distribution manifest, maintaining route list and maintain accurate return collection.
- Assist in recruiting, contracting and orientation of new contractors.
- Plans, evaluates and executes all department initiatives and goals.
- Operates within guidelines of the department's expense budget.
- Recognizes and promotes opportunities to reduce costs, increase additional product distribution and improve publication market share.
- Meet or exceed department home delivery service objectives.
- Plans and executes special projects as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and functional distribution center, maintaining company vehicles and overseeing PT staff.
- High School diploma or GED or 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Contract management.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to mediate and resolve disputes.
- Good understanding of basic mathematical skill including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of physical activities.
- Fundamental proficiency with computers and technology.
- Effective leadership qualities/skills.
- Ability to plan effectively, including scheduling.
- Valid Driver's License, insurance and reliable vehicle.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top