Green Bay, WI, USA Req #18122
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
Green Bay, WI
• WE ARE OFFERING A SIGN ON BONUS OF $2,250 FOR THIS POSITION WITH A $45,000.00 BASE SALARY
• $4000 ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS SUBJECT TO MEETING GOALS IS ALSO OFFERED IN THIS ROLE
The primary role of the Delivery Manager is to administer company policy and manage an independent contractor carrier workforce. The Delivery Manager is also responsible for growing circulation volumes and revenue within the assigned district, while ensuring subscriber service and satisfaction levels are met or exceeded. This position works part of the time in an office or distribution center and majority of the time within the assigned newspaper district or distribution area. The Delivery Manager may receive work assignments within many areas of the distribution function, which may include home delivery, single copy sales, transportation, customer service, and redelivery operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for promoting circulation growth in assigned territory by implementing subscription sales and retention programs as implemented periodically across Gannett Wisconsin circulation departments.
• Ensure the efficient distribution of products through specific assignments involving route restructuring, consolidation, splits, divisions, or other means, designed to maximize volumes while limiting expense exposure.
• Ensure goodwill between company and independent carrier force and ensure carrier compliance with contract terms, taking appropriate action, under the guidance of the Distribution Supervisor, when contract terms are violated.
• Responsible for recruiting for carrier route vacancies, including whether and when to place advertisements in the newspaper or to use other methods for independent contractor recruitment.
• Responsible for upholding independent contractor performance standards for customer service, and to assure that all products are delivered by the proper time and in the proper condition as called for in the carrier contract.
• Responsible for ensuring that the TMC Verification Program is in place and quarterly audit goals for the assigned district are met or exceeded.
• Responsible for ensuring subscriber satisfaction with delivery of all products. Provide recommendations to supervisor for service improvements.
• Responsible for investigating and responding to concerns of independent contractor carriers regarding compensation or billing issues.
• Responsible for ensuring that a current contract with all required documentation is on file for all independent contractors in the assigned district.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of newspaper distribution process.
• Ability to establish working relationship with all levels within the organization.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work varied hours, including late nights/early mornings, weekends and holidays, due to nature of the business performed.
• Knowledge of customer service functions
• Strong interpersonal organizational and administrative skills
Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily: 3 months
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Green Bay, WI, USA Req #18122