- Wooster, OH
Wooster, OH 44691, USA Req #14906
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Gannett Publishing Services
District Manager Job Summary
This position is responsible for the distribution of the Newspaper's Publications. This includes working closely with independent contractors and the recruitment of new independent contractors to fulfill this responsibility.There will be times the District Manager actually distributes the publication during independent contractor turnover.
This position is responsible to maintain volume through good customer service.Service complaints from home delivery customers will be directed to the District Manager and issues are expected to be resolved.Service issues are normally resolved through good communication between the District Manager and independent contractor, and good follow through with the home delivery customer.
Applicant must have a valid driver's license with good driving record.
Applicant must have dependable transportation.
Applicant must have good computer skills. (Excel/spreadsheets, word processing)
District Manager required physical duties
- Loading and unloading pre-bundled papers weighing approximately 10-20 lbs.
- Delivering papers, including exiting and entering a vehicle multiple times.
- Walking papers to front doors up stairs etc.
- Stocking supplies contained in 25 lb boxes.
- Setting paper boxes with stakes using post pounder weighing 20 lbs or small 5 lb hammer.
- Delivering papers on long rural routes some more than 4 hours in length.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top