Fort Smith, AR, USA Req #20666
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Gannett Publishing Services
Fort Smith, AR
The Distribution Supervisor works under the direction of the Distribution Director/Manager and oversees the daily distribution operation. You work closely with Operations Coordinator and Production
employees to maintain an effective dock distribution delivery. Position requires flexibility to work varied days and hours including weekends and holidays.
- Supervise staff to meet company objectives and performance standards.
- Communicate with Production/Mailroom for each shift's expectation.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring qualified applicants.
- Oversee the training of new employees.
- Print paperwork needed for Production/Mailroom products to be produced.
- Supervise, assign Operations Coordinators and Product Handlers to distribution lines. Evaluate the work of the staff.
- Fill out paperwork each shift for temporary employee billing and payroll.
- Process alternate products as they arrive from outside print facilities or vendors.
- Review paperwork at end of shift for each dockworker, log in their time.
- Email labor service at end of shift for hours worked by their employees.
- Field phone calls from DCs and/or Hurley associates.
- Back up all duties for a lead or loader as needed.
- Organize and conduct necessary training activities for the staff and workers.
- Ensure the proper functioning and safe operations of all dock tools and equipment.
- Work effectively with other managers within functional team and supports new team members.
- Accurately, quickly, and clearly answer questions related to your area of focus.
- Plans, evaluates and executes all department initiatives and goals.
- Operates within guidelines of the department's expense budget.
- Recognizes and promotes opportunities to reduce costs, increase additional product distribution.
- Meet or exceed department single copy sales, returns and collection objectives.
- Plans and executes special projects as assigned.
- Manages the verification process for single copy returns.
- High School diploma or GED or 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Contract management.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to mediate and resolve disputes.
- Good understanding of basic mathematical skill including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division in all units in order to compute rates, ratios and percent to draw.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of physical activities.
- Fundamental proficiency with computers and technology.
- Effective leadership qualities/skills.
- Ability to plan effectively, including scheduling and budgeting.
- Valid Driver's License and good driving history