- Tucson, AZ
Tucson, AZ, USA Req #14759
Monday, March 29, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Arizona Daily Star
The Arizona Daily Star seeks an innovative, motivated, results-focused Part-Time Distribution Specialist for our Newspaper Distribution Centers in the Tucson area.
We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills.
This position assists the District Manager with a variety of operational responsibilities in Home Delivery. Primary responsibilities include delivery of down/open routes,
familiarizing new Independent Contractors, solving customer service issues, and general distribution operations. This position promotes customer satisfaction and is
responsible for ensuring excellent customer service, complaint resolution and reporting. Schedule will include varied nights, weekends and holidays.
This position reports to the District Manager.
• Assists with district operations.
• Delivers newspapers to subscribers as necessary to fill in for open/down routes or redeliver missed newspapers.
• Familiarizes new Independent Contractors.
• Addresses subscriber service issues with carriers.
• Assists the District Manager in handling paperwork and updating address database information including route sequencing and navigation.
• Assists product team in the distribution center as necessary.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Newspaper delivery experience.
• Proven excellent customer service experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong PC skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Must work well with others and be team oriented in nature.
• This position requires the ability to routinely lift and move bundles up to 30 lbs.
• Current valid driver's license, access to a vehicle and good driving history required.
• GED/High School Diploma.
• Previous newspaper or distribution/warehouse experience preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top